Lizzo’s Grammy night was “good as hell.” The pop celebrity is celebrating her spectacular 5 Grammy nominations, together with successful the extremely coveted Report of the 12 months award for “About Rattling Time,” with a classy orange manicure that has me dreaming of hotter climate.
Lizzo’s stiletto tangerine nails characteristic crystal-adorned roses created by her go-to manicurist, Eri Ishizu, who first met the pop celebrity in 2018. For her half, Ishizu utilized the opaque cream-finish nail polish from one among my favourite low cost Amazon magnificence manufacturers: OPI! And the perfect half? The precise shade of Lizzo’s nail polish (OPI Silicon Valley Woman) prices just below $11.50 on Amazon.
Lizzo’s Grammy nails are a masterclass in elevated monochromatic magnificence on a funds, and I merely cannot get sufficient. So, as Greatest Merchandise’ magnificence editor, I seized the prospect to talk with Ishizu after she completed Lizzo’s manicure for a full nail tutorial and to study extra concerning the inspiration behind the gorgeous lewk and their collaborative course of.
OPI Nail Polish in Silicon Valley Woman
Lizzo’s Grammy Nails Tutorial
“Lots of people [are] going for minimalism, however she went maximalist. She’s one of many only a few people who find themselves in a position to try this appropriately,” says Ishizu. And Lizzo’s Grammy nails have been the right embodiment of her maximalist vibe — and it received’t value you a ton of cash or time to recreate her manicure at residence.
- Handmade particulars: Ishizu created stiletto-shaped acrylic nails, then utilized hand-molded rose accents to go with Lizzo’s floral Dolce & Gabbana coat. “We love sq. nails. Nonetheless, pointy nails make the fingers longer. She already has lovely palms and fingers — lengthy and thin — however it’s very nice so as to add slightly little bit of size and make it look extra elegant than doing squares,” explains Ishizu.
- Apply nail polish: Subsequent, she utilized the star of the present: OPI Gel Shade nail polish in Silicon Valley Woman from the model’s Spring 2023 assortment dubbed Me Myself and OPI.
- Remedy the primary layer: After, she used the OPI UV mild to remedy Lizzo’s Grammy nails for 60 seconds.
- Remedy the second coat: She sealed the second coat of OPI nail polish by curing it another time for 60 seconds underneath the OPI UV mild.
- Embrace a crystal imaginative and prescient: To raise Lizzo’s already attention-grabbing manicure and praise the crystal-embellished form-fitting robe by Dolce & Gabbana, she added a number of refined crystals onto the roses.
- Matteify: The ultimate step to Lizzo’s Grammy manicure is to use a layer of OPI GelColor Keep Matte Prime Coat and remedy for two minutes. “If you use a matte prime coat on prime of a shiny shade, the matte end brings out this pop tone,” she says.
Watch Lizzo’s Highly effective Grammys Acceptance Speech
This content material is imported from youTube. You might be able to discover the identical content material in one other format, otherwise you might be able to discover extra data, at their site.
Q&A with Eri Ishizu on Working With Lizzo
As a former Billboard author, masking the Grammys is my model of the Olympics. And since I can not get sufficient of Lizzo’s glam, listed below are extra particulars from my dialog with Ishizu. We chatted about their longtime partnership, inventive course of, and extra.
Q: When and the way did you and Lizzo first meet?
A: We met in 2018 via somebody I do know who labored for the label [Atlantic Records], and she or he [Lizzo] was on the town doing one thing, and she or he needed to get leopard-print nails. And that’s how I met her. However the humorous factor is, we didn’t see one another for a 12 months and a half after that. She lived in LA, I used to be in New York, so we might DM one another typically. She’d ask if I had moved but, however I didn’t. We acquired reunited for the 2019 Met Gala with the pink nails, and ever since then, we have not been separated.
Q: Inform us about your chemistry — why do you two work collectively so properly?
A: We bonded over so many issues, women-to-women, speaking about nails, Japanese anime and “Sailor Moon,” zodiac indicators, boys, and all types of stuff. We have recognized one another for thus lengthy, at this level, I feel we actually perceive one another. Our character, what she desires in magnificence, nails, something.
Q: What was the inspiration for the night? Any particular reference factors?
A: Lizzo may be very open along with her glam, after which everyone does their factor. So quite a lot of time, we do not actually talk about like, “That is what I’m going to do, or that is what I need from Lizzo’s finish.” It’s extra so trusting one another. In glam, the stylists, we extra so collaborate, and tonight was the attractive Dolce & Gabbana coat and costume. After I noticed the coat had huge 3-D flowers throughout, and the costume was additionally a monochromatic orange tone with slightly little bit of crystal.
The final time we got here to the Grammys was in 2019, and we did some little jewels hanging with assertion nails. So, I needed to do one thing memorable and statement-making, and Lizzo was very joyful about it. I needed it to be very monochromatic as a result of the coat she was carrying solely confirmed her face and palms, so I needed to mix in, and match and that is why I selected that shade. Her costume was additionally matte-coated, not shiny end, in order that’s one more reason why I needed to do the matte end [with the top coat.] I actually needed her nails to actually mix within the monochrome to match the colours of her outfit.
Nicole Saunders is the Magnificence Editor at BestProducts.com, the place she oversees protection on all issues magnificence. When she’s not creating procuring guides, interviewing consultants, and testing magnificence therapies, you’ll be able to in all probability discover her strolling round Decrease Manhattan or overanalyzing the most recent episode of “Succession.” You’ll be able to ship all lipstick and calamari suggestions to her inbox and DM her memes on Instagram.