Despite being well-known for tightened security that provides an assurance that Verizon is a secured email service, complaints about the ‘Verizon account got hacked’ issue has been registered time and again from almost all Verizon users. So, considering the increasing number of complaints and concerns about the hacked Verizon Mail accounts, we’ve decided to bring the complete guide on how to ‘recover hacked Verizon email accounts’ in front of all the Verizon users. Thus, without wasting any second further, let’s begin the guide—
Steps to Perform to Reset Verizon Email Account Password for Recovering Hacked Verizon Account:
- To begin, navigate yourself to the ‘Verizon Email Login Page’ from your preferred web browser. Note: Instead of going through a Verizon.net email service, you can access the Verizon email login page either from ‘AOL.com login page’ or from ‘Yahoo Mail login page’ as Verizon in 2017 got out of the email business and thus, its services migrated over these aforementioned email platform.
- Once you reach onto the ‘AOL.com Verizon mail login’ page, click on the ‘Forgot Info’ link to reach on to this “https://secure.verizon.com/account/forgot-password/start?goto=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.verizon.com%2Fconsumer%2Fmyverizon%2Frouter%3FTarget%3Dnull&clientId=undefined” link.
- On this given link, you’ll be asked to enter your Verizon user id i.e., your Verizon email address and zip code. Enter the same to click on the ‘Continue’ button and then, move further to follow the on-screen instructions correctly.
- After doing so, you’ll be provided with a ‘Temporary’ password’ via call or SMS on your registered phone number.
- Type the received temporary password in the asked text field on the webpage and then, you’ll be asked to create a new and strong password for your Verizon email account.
- Now, once you’re done entering the new password for your Verizon email account in the required text field, end this password recovery process by simply clicking on the ‘Finish’ button. That’s it!
This is the simple step-by-step process of how you can reset the password of your account in order to recover your hacked Verizon email account. Moreover, we suggest you to have a clear understanding of the signs and symptoms of a hacked email account from the below-mentioned list so that you can take the required action at the correct time for ensuring less or no loss of your account’s data.
Signs and Symptoms for Recognizing Hacked Verizon Email Account:
- You or your Verizon account contacts start getting spam emails from your Verizon email account.
- You’ll unexpectedly start receiving complaints from others (who’re there on the list of your Verizon email account contacts) about getting inappropriate emails from your Verizon email ID.
- You might receive unnecessarily password reset emails.
- Your ‘Display’ name will change or, you’ll encounter a problem of missing emails from your Verizon account.
- And, most importantly, your Verizon email account password suddenly stops working.
So, be always aware of these signs to immediately suspect that your Verizon email account got compromised and then, simply initiate the above-given steps of the ‘Verizon account password recovery’ process correctly to gain its access back. Moreover, you can reduce the risk of a hacked email account with this given list of options, have a look:
- Update your Verizon Account Security Question: By working as the gateway to your Verizon account, security questions reduce or prevent any malicious activity in your account. So, update your account’s security question to make it difficult for hackers to guess.
- Secure your Device (computer, mobile, or tablet): By installing an antivirus onto your device you can secure it from various malware and viruses that make your device as well as the account that you’re accessing, vulnerable to hacking.
- Revise and Update your Verizon Account Settings: To secure your account from any further hacking attempts, make sure to check or revise your account settings and if required update further the following given settings—
- Check your ‘Email Signature’ and if required remove any unknown content from there.
- Check the ‘Listed Email Accounts’ by selecting the ‘Edit’ option to remove any unknown entry from the list.
- Also, check the list of ‘Blocked Addresses’ to see if there’s any email address on the list that shouldn’t be there.
- And, lastly, ensure any extra entry in the contact list of your account by reviewing your ‘Saved Contacts.’
That’s it! This is the end of the complete guide that contains the steps of how you can recover your hacked Verizon email account along with the list of signs to help all the Verizon users in identifying whether their email account got compromised or not and how they all can reduce the risk of hacked Verizon email account issues.